da Vinci Designs’ Independent Coasting System (ICS) offers you a riding experience both on and off road that equals or surpasses the best you’ve had on a single or tandem bike. The ICS makes for a far more intuitive, comfortable and efficient ride. This newfound ability to independently or collectively coast, pedal and position your cranks at will offers these advantages:
- Starting, stopping and going through corners are as easy as on a single bike.
- Captain and stoker can independently relax, take a drink, adjust seat position, stand for a few seconds to relieve weary sit bones, even take a moment to gaze at scenery, while the other keeps pedaling.
- Traversing obstacles is easier and more efficient because the captain and stoker can coordinate avoiding the obstacles while maintaining forward momentum.
- Asynchronous pedaling decreases strain on the final drivetrain.
- Smooth and fast front shifting – The closer the chain rings are to the same size, the easier it is to shift. Other tandems, and even single bikes, are forced to use a 12-tooth gap between chain rings.
- Unprecedented range of gears – Four chain rings and eight rear sprockets mean 32 gears that range from 18 to 140 gear-inches. No other tandem gives you that many gears or that kind of range.
- More ground clearance – Nice when you lift your tandem over a curb, out of a truck, or when you are off road.
- Stronger, lighter chain rings that are less prone to bending
- Less strain on the chain while shifting
|Front Seat Tube C/T
|Rear Seat Tube C/T
|Front Seat Tube C/C
|Rear Seat Tube C/C
|Front Standover*||29.6″(75.3cm)||31″(78.7cm)||31.6″ (80.4cm)|
|Front Top Tube
|Rear Top Tube
|Head / Seat Tube
|73/73 Deg.||73/73 Deg.||73/73 Deg.|
|BB Height *||10.5″(27cm)||10.5″(27cm)||10.5″(27cm)|
(See drawing “R”)
(See drawing “S”)
|Frame Material||Custom drawn, oversize, multi-butted, Reynolds chrome-moly steel|
|Rear Deraileur||Shimano Deore|
|Front Deraileur||Compact Triple|
|Shifters||Shimano Tiagra STI|
|Brakes||200mm Avid BB7 Disc Front and Rear|
|Front Bars||OS 44cm Anatomic Drop Bars|
|Rear Bars||Profile Stoker 26 47cm|
|Front Stem||NVO TM-3 3D Forged OS|
|Rear Stem||Control Tech Adjustable Stoker|
|Cranks||Sugino Fuse 175mm Front, 170mm Rear|
|Rear Cogs||Sram PG-950 11-32 9sp|
|Driving Gears||Hyperglide 14-21-28 Equivalent to 28-42-56|
|Eccentrics||da Vinci Designs Custom|
|Hubs||40 hole Disc Brake. 145mm Rear Spacing|
|Rims||Aero Profile 40h Alex DA16|
|Tires||Kenda Kwick Roller 26 X 1.25|
|Front Seatpost||Kalloy Uno 31.6mm X 350mm|
|Rear Seatpost||Kalloy Uno 31.6mm X 350mm|
|Saddles||Velo Pronto and Serina|
|Colors||Metallic Red or Metallic Blue|
|Retail Price||$3495 Custom frame sizes, S&S Couplings, and Custom Paint not available on the Grand Junction Sizes: Small, Medium, and Large/Small Only|