EASY DUAL-SIDED ENTRY
- : The symmetrical Ultra Light Action pedal is always in the right position for engagement, whether it is right-side-up, upside-down, or anywhere in between.
SELF-LOCATING CLEAT DESIGN
- : The Ultra Light Action pedal is automatically guided into the recessed cleat-cavity during engagement. This makes the pedals extraordinarily easy to find by feel and eliminates the need to look down.
- : The security of the engagement mechanism doesn’t rely on spring tension, so it is not necessary to have a stiff retention spring. It’s easy to get in and out of without a struggle, and you won’t have to worry about pulling out inadvertently.
15 DEGREE RANGE OF NON SPRING-RECENTERED FREE FLOAT
- : Free float without spring recentering tension allows feet to find their natural float range during the pedal stroke and eliminates knee strain.
LARGE, COMFORTABLE CLEAT PLATFORM
- : The pedal/cleat combination provides a large and stable platform that won’t rock side-to-side, improving power efficiency and all-day comfort. Keep in mind that with Speedplay’s unique inverted design, the cleat is the platform!
EXTREMELY LIGHT WEIGHT PEDALS AND CLEATS IMPROVE RIDING EFFICIENCY
- Chrome-Moly pedal each – 110g
- Stainless pedal each – 103g
- Titanium pedal each – 82g
- Ultra Light Action cleats per pair – 69g/117g*
UNBEATABLE CORNERING CLEARANCE
- : Thin pedal body provides the lowest stack height and best cornering clearance available.
EASY CLEAT SET-UP
- : Set-up is easy because no complicated adjustments are needed.
- : High precision cartridge and needle bearings ensure high quality, low friction and durability.
- : A built-in grease port for easy bearing lubrication.
FITS MORE SHOES
- : Ultra Light Action cleats fit any shoe with a 3-hole or 4-hole mount.
The Ultra Light Action Pedal System is for you if you are a:
- Serious enthusiast seeking the easiest entry and easiest release of any pedal system
- Competitive cyclist who seeks a pedal for use in training and non-competition
- Rider who is new to clipless pedals
- All riders, including lighter weight riders such as women and youths, who desire low-force entry
- Rider who does not want to overcome a spring-tension stop to release from the cleat
- Rider updating from X series
- Rider who prefers a float range of 15 degrees
SPEEDPLAY ULTRA LIGHT ACTION STOCK SPINDLE LENGTHS
- Chrome-Moly – 55mm
- Stainless – 53mm
- Titanium – 50mm
Need Custom Length Spindles?
Ultra Light Action Stainless pedals are available by special order from Speedplay dealers in the following spindle lengths: 50mm, 56mm, 59mm, 65mm
Ultra Light Action Pedal Specifications
|Ultra Light Action Titanium
||Ultra Light Action Stainless
||Ultra Light Action Chrome-Moly
|Pedal Weight (pair)||164g||206g||210g|
|Walkable™ Cleat Weight
|Walkable™ Cleat Weight
|Cleat Stack Height 3 Hole||11.5mm||11.5mm||11.5mm|
|Cleat Stack Height 4 Hole||8.5mm||8.5mm||8.5mm|
|Spindle||USA-made 6-4 Titanium||USA-made 17-4 Stainless||Chrome-Moly|
|Pedal Bearings||2 cartridges, 1 needle||2 cartridges, 1 needle||1 cartridge, 1 needle|
|Float||Unrestricted free float||Unrestricted free float||Unrestricted free float|
|Release Angle||7.5° heel-out||7.5° heel-out||7.5° heel-out|
|Mounting||All 3- and 4-hole shoes; no Fit Kit required||All 3- and 4-hole shoes; no Fit Kit required||All 3- and 4-hole shoes; no Fit Kit required|
|Pedal Maintenance||Grease port makes routine greasing easy||Grease port makes routine greasing easy||Grease port makes routine greasing easy|
|Cleat Maintenance||Use dry-type lube routinely||Use dry-type lube routinely||Use dry-type lube routinely|
Celeste, Black, Sky Blue, Pink and Red.
|Celeste, Black, Sky Blue, Pink and Red.||Black, Sky Blue, Pink and Red.|
|MSRP w/Walkable™ Cleats||$345||$200||$130|
|MSRP w/V.2 Cleats||$330||$185 Stainless||$115|
|Rider Weight Limit||185 lbs. max||N/A||N/A|